BODY COMPOSITION ANALYZER TANITA RD 545
Tanita RD-545 is the best personal body composition analyzer on the market.
With the help of two-frequency technology, all changes and advances in measurements can be analyzed medically accurately. Tanita RD-545 is intended especially for top athletes, bodybuilders and all who want the highest level of precision. Tanita scale RD-545 has 4 memory profiles with automatic user recognition. Simply step on it and it will automatically recognize you and perform the measurement. This way, you don’t have to constantly enter your data.
The results of the measurement are displayed on your phone via my Tanita app, where you can monitor progress, set goals etc.
- body fat – body fat percentage depends on your diet, lifestyle and physical activity. Several research and medical studies have proven that high body far percentage is the vital cause of various diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Reducing excess levels of body fat has been shown to directly reduce the risk of these conditions. My Tanita app immediately tells you whether you belong to a healthy or critical group. (cardiovascular disease, diabetes, etc.).
- body water – total body water percentage is the total amount of fluid in a person’s body expressed as a percentage of their total weight. Body water is an essential part of staying healthy. Over half the body consists of water. It regulates body temperature and helps eliminate waste. You lose water continuously through urine, sweat and breathing, so it’s important to keep replacing it. The amount of fluid needed every day varies from person to person and is affected by climatic conditions and how much physical activity you undertake. Being well hydrated helps concentration levels, sports performance and general wellbeing. Experts recommend that you should drink at least two litres of fluid each day, preferably water. If you are training, it’s important to increase your fluid intake to ensure peak performance at all times.
- muscle mass – includes the skeletal muscles, smooth muscles such as cardiac and digestive muscles and the water contained in these muscles. Monitor how much muscle mass you have gained during your workouts will give you insights to how effective is your workout. Muscles play an important role as they act as an engine that consumes energy. As your muscle mass increases, your energy consumption increases as well, helping you reduce excess body fat and lose weight in a healthy way.
- muscle quality score – indicates the quality of your muscles. This parameter changes according to factors such as age and exercise. RD-545 uses 2 different frequencies to measure bioelectrical impedance, and these results are used to evaluate muscle quality score.
- segmental body fat percentage – shows fat percentage of your arms, legs and core abdominal area separately and will help you see and understand the impact of your training program over time.
- segmental analysis of muscle mass – shows muscle mass of your arms, legs and core abdominal area separately. Your limbs can have quite different reading from each other, so it is important for to know which limb you need to work on (lifting weights, exercising). You can also use this information to correct muscle imbalances and avoid injury.
- bone mass – indicates the amount of mineral bone deposits (bone mineral level, calcium or other minerals) in the body. Research has shown that exercise and the development of muscle tissue are related to stronger, healthier bones.
- body mass index (BMI) – indicates the relationship between height and weight. The analyzer immediately shows you in the Tanita application whether you belong to a healthy or critical group.
- basal metabolic rate (BMR) – is the minimum level of energy your body needs at rest to function effectively. This includes the functioning of your respiratory and circulatory organs, neural system, liver, kidneys, and other organs. You continue to burn calories even when sleeping. About 70% of the calories your body uses every day are used by your basal metabolism. Your basal metabolism is greatly affected by the amount of muscle you have, so increasing your muscle mass helps increase your basal metabolism. Having a higher basal metabolism increases the number of calories used and helps decrease the amount of body fat.
- metabolic age – calculates your BMR and indicates the average age associated with the type of metabolism. If your metabolic age is higher than your actual age, it is an indication that you need to improve your metabolic rate. Increased exercise builds healthy muscle tissue, which improves your metabolic age.
- visceral fat rating – is the fat surrounding the vital organs in the abdominal area. Compared to ‘normal’ fat, visceral fat is stored deeper in the skin, wrapped around major organs like the liver, pancreas, and your kidney. Visceral fat ensures that there is some distance between each organ. Too much visceral fat creates can lead to inflammation and high blood pressure, which increases the risk of serious health problems. This is also known as central obesity.
Another problem with visceral fat is its impact on adiponectin or ‘fat hormone’. Adiponectin’s function is to regulate your body fat. Visceral fat inhibits adiponectin. As a result, your body produces more fat than you actually need. A high level of visceral fat also influences your insulin sensitivity. Which means that it can lead to type 2 diabetes later in life.
Ensuring you have healthy levels of visceral fat may reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Note: you may have a high level of visceral fat despite your low body fat level.
- physique rating – assesses your physique according to the ratio of body fat and muscle mass in your body. As you become more active and reduce the amount of body fat, your physique rating changes accordingly. Even if your weight does not change, your muscle mass and body fat levels may be changing and make you healthier, thus reducing your risk of certain diseases.
- weighing capacity 200 kg – the scale can withstand people up to 200 kg.
- access to all measurements via My Tanita app