Curcumin – Turmeric and it’s amazing health benefits
The main active ingredient of Turmeric is Curcumin, a unique polyphenol, which is not found in any other plant. It has a rich yellow color, bitter taste, and spicy aroma.
The plant’s root contains many beneficial substances:
- Omega 3 fatty acids, which have a positive effect on fat metabolism – they cleanse blood vessels from cholesterol plaques, improve blood circulation in the brain and endocrine glands, stabilize the work of the coronary system of the heart and prevent heart attacks.
- B Vitamins, which are directly involved in the work and maintenance of a healthy nervous system. Turmeric can be therefore recommended as a remedy for chronic fatigue, depression, and memory impairment. In addition, B vitamins catalyse collagen synthesis and prevent the formation of deep wrinkles.
- Vitamin E, essential for the normal functioning of the female reproductive system.
- Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, well known for its immune system boosting properties.
However, the most valuable substance is Curcumin itself. Many of its properties have been proven by science and technology research labs across the world, and doctors actively recommend taking it in tablets and capsules as an addition to the traditional treatment of diseases of the liver, joints, breast cancer, liver, and other organs.
Curcumin – medicinal properties
Extracts of turmeric are mainly used for liver problems and insufficient bile production. They are recommended for people who have:
- inflammation of the liver
- inflammation of the gallbladder
- biliary stone formation
- obstructive jaundice
- impaired secretion of digestive juice
Turmeric also contains vitamin K, a vitamin that often goes unmentioned, until it is needed. The NIH reports that vitamin K plays a major role in the clotting of the blood, and it is also being studied for its role in maintaining bone health.
Detoxification of the body
For some years now, ‘super foods’ have become popular due to their enormous health benefits; and although we usually only hear about the miracles that ginger can do for our body, sometimes we leave out other great foods like turmeric. In fact, we can detoxify our body even more efficiently with turmeric.
According to the Medical News Today, turmeric increases the body’s immune function because it provides antioxidants.
Turmeric has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties; in addition, it is excellent for regulating cells and making them strong against some such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, and cardiovascular diseases.
It turns out that turmeric has protective effects on oxidative stress in cells and can eliminate harmful toxins. These toxins cause premature aging and the development of various diseases.
Turmeric root can inhibit the activity of harmful enzymes responsible for inflammatory disorders.
According to a study conducted by scientists at the University of Annamalai in India, turmeric can help prevent some types of cancer; while the South Korean School of Medicine revealed that this root could protect the liver from injury because it is rich in antioxidants.
Ingesting curcumin by itself does not lead to the associated health benefits due to its poor bioavailability, which appears to be primarily due to poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid elimination. There are several components that can increase bioavailability. For example, piperine is the major active component of black pepper and, when combined in a complex with curcumin, has been shown to increase bioavailability by 2000%.
Detox your body and take care of your liver health with the best combination of Curcumin and piperine with added milk thistle, lavender, and artichoke for better effect👇.[/vc_row]